From rape survivor and alcoholic to a speaker, coach and entrepreneur. Here are a few of his highlights over the years:
- Sober Since 2006
- Founded Emet Gyms 2009 which now operates nationally
- Founded Emet Academy with a view to training and developing young athletes and then young coaches from disadvantaged communities
- Won Gold for South Africa at the International Powerlifting Federation’s Africa Championships in Morocco in 2015
- Was one of the coaches on the South African team at the 2019 Powerlifting World Championships in Sweden, my athlete broke the South African Squat record for his division.
- Established and ran an Addictions Meeting at Wits University for students and staff who were battling with addiction and substance abuse.
- Coaches thousands of addicts to use physical training to develop their mental toughness.
- Men’s Health Magazine November 2016 & June 2019
- Men’s Health 20 Years of Creating Better Men video advert
- National Referee – South African Powerlifting Federation and International Powerlifting Federation
Rape Survivor, Alcoholic, Speaker, Coach