Nic is the heart and sole behind Emet Gyms and the Emet Academy. With a passion for helping others achieve their greatness, Nic not only helps clients reach fitness goals but find happiness within themselves. Here are a few of his highlights over the years:
- Founded Emet Gyms 2009 which now operates internationally
- Founded Emet Academy with a view to training and developing young athletes and then young coaches from disadvantaged communities
- Received an A Rate from every Bio and Physiotherapist for my Powerlifting Lifts for Rehabilitation workshop at Reha Training in Germany, one of Europe’s top rehab centres
- Won Gold for South Africa at the International Powerlifting Federation’s Africa Championships in Morocco in 2015
- Was one of the coaches on the South African team at the 2019 Powerlifting World Championships in Sweden, my athlete broke the South African Squat record for his division
- Regularly invited to speak at schools and universities around South Africa
- Invited to speak at the Wits University Summit on Peak Performance.
- Established and ran an Addictions Meeting at Wits University for students and staff who were battling with addiction and substance abuse
- Coaches thousands of addicts to use physical training to develop their mental toughness.
- Men’s Health Magazine November 2016 & June 2019
- Men’s Health 20 Years of Creating Better Men video advert
Head Coach, Founder & Owner
the rest of the emet team
Hi my name is Caneous Mdluli, but call me Coach Cap.
I was born and raised in Johannesburg. Rugby and powerlifting is in my blood. I am a huge sport fan, a person trainer /Coach and a member of the Emet academy, which has played a big role in my life. It has always been my passion to help others reach their fitness goals. My goal is to become a world Champion at powerlifting.
I am here to pull the best out of you and help you reach your goals.